Перейти к содержанию

Ritsuko rape theory and Shinji Rei Incest Theme

xPearse

Рекомендуемые сообщения

I still don't get the idea why everyone considers Shin+Rei incest. Rei isn't even a human, their relationship could be called zoophilia, xenofilia (hope i won't get killed for this suggestion... again) or whatever but definitely not incest.

About the incest, I'll actually talk about that more now. It's just everything Shinji does towards her, always staring and making unwanted advancements. Not to mention her wants to bonk all the female character's around him although sort of subconsciously as seen during the last few tv episodes where he possibly wanted a harem. Also taking into account the Japanese being Japanese we know what they're trying to get across, they have a fetish for incest and everyone on evageeks said im looking for things and making shit up even though I know what im talking about. Rei is a clone of Shinji's mother and with liliths genes although that is debatable since its not stated in the tv series, she and him are genetically related even if they may not know it, the writers try to pair them close to another in nearly every incarnation. It's just weird, I don't hate Shinji I just hate his personality and his knight in shining armor persona. I know they don't get together in the series but that doesn't stop them suggesting it or those creppy doujinshi's that people make. Even if this was unintended when making Evangelion which I find hard to believe it doesn't take away from the fact that people will always think so.

Well, Shinji is a very shy teenager and, in fact, it was always emphasized that it's difficult for him to make connections and interpret feelings of other people. Given that otherwise he was a just a typical teenager interested in girls and women, it's not surprising that he made some unwanted advancements.

As about the pairing, I can't talk about all of the Evangelion franchise, but in Girlfriend of Steel series, in the first game it was impossible to pair Shinji with Rei. In the second game it was possible, but it took place in an alternative reality where Rei, most likely, wasn't the clone of Yui. In fan-created content fans do whatever they want to. If we talk about doujinshis, incest isn't the worst thing that happens there and, well, personally I don't like this stuff, but this is just how things are.

I think the right way to make Shinji and Rei into a nice couple is by specifying that Rei is not a clone of Yui in that particular fictional universe. But some people are ok with the creepy stuff.

Im glad you guys who posted think the rape idea is stupid because nearly everyone on evageeks thinks it actually happened and that's no lie, they actually do.

Well, that's weird. Guess they like a lot that hypothesis for some reason, but other people don't have to.

Yea your right about that, they read into it too much and give it more credit than it deserves. That's not saying it isn't awesome but some things just need to be said, I just hate the Shinji and Rei relationship, stems from the fact that Rei is my favorite character and I detest knight in shining armor persona's where a man has to protect a woman. That and alot more which I could write a book about, It's what Shinji does. He see's the need to protect something forcing himself into their lives exactly like the "Thank god I saved you" MST3K clip.

Guess they like a lot that hypothesis for some reason

I don't know who came up with a no dogmas rule here, but it is brilliant and evageeks has no such thing. And this Wiki they have is an indication of this (in their defence, there are alternative theories presented there, but I can't help but feel elitism and self-righteousness coming from some respectful users who actively promote and force on others rather questionable hypotheses). In all honesty I am of rather low opinion of their administration. Ours is just too chill and that's a good thing.

Изменено пользователем Aahnold

Yea they do give for and against in their theorys, what I don't like is that they state but everyone accepts this theory in every article. Then add in the fact of how little text the opposition gets, I get the feeling they think they're above everyone else. I don't like the admin or the user's that much either but im pretty sure they think the same about me, they jumped on me at first thinking I was being a troll and annoying for just stating my opinion which was different than there's.

Glad you guys can relate, if I said that on evageeks they'd get really fussy about it. They don't like criticism even if it's just discussing s topic, just see all their replys on the incest and rape theory threads I posted there. They didn't take too kindy of me "attacking" the show but if it was one of the active users gestapo group who created the post im pretty sure they'd let the topic roll, unlike mine which they locked. Anyhow thanks guys for the posts, im happy someone rejected the stupid rape theory and at least admitted the incest vibe. That's all I was looking for on evageeks but I had to go to a foreign language Evangelion community to get that, that alone just says something.

• 4 weeks later...

Technicaly, Rei being Shinji's mother's clone doesn't make her his sister. It makes her his mother's clone.

But if we have to assign some family ralations between Rei and Shinji, the most geneticaly accurate would be to consider Rei to be Shinji's mother's identical twin, hence Shinji's aunt.

And AFAIK you can legally marry your aunt (may vary in different countries). Which is kinda contradictory, given how you can't marry your mother, but you can marry her identical twin who is genetically the same. Seems the anti-incest laws actually have little to do with their "incest is bad for offsprings' genetics" justification. Down with such flawed laws!

So, Rei genetically being Shinji's aunt, they can marry legally, their relationship is okay, no problems here, incest is the best.

• 2 weeks later...

1. The theory that Ritsuko was raped by Seele thugs before interrogration, I hate this suggest and think it's stupid. Everyone else thought otherwise and think it happened, they're wrong as they take everything out of context.

Who said about this stupid theory? :asuka_ad::anoo: Sounds like 4chan content. I hear this at first time, seriosly. I`m in a fandom almost 8 years.

Technicaly, Rei being Shinji's mother's clone doesn't make her his sister. It makes her his mother's clone.

But if we have to assign some family ralations between Rei and Shinji, the most geneticaly accurate would be to consider Rei to be Shinji's mother's identical twin, hence Shinji's aunt.

And AFAIK you can legally marry your aunt (may vary in different countries). Which is kinda contradictory, given how you can't marry your mother, but you can marry her identical twin who is genetically the same. Seems the anti-incest laws actually have little to do with their "incest is bad for offsprings' genetics" justification. Down with such flawed laws!

So, Rei genetically being Shinji's aunt, they can marry legally, their relationship is okay, no problems here, incest is the best.

I really hate the technically thing, that's in nearly every single incest hentai. It's ok, were only technically related so we can fuck. I don't really care on what boundary's you set, it's still wrong. 

1. The theory that Ritsuko was raped by Seele thugs before interrogration, I hate this suggest and think it's stupid. Everyone else thought otherwise and think it happened, they're wrong as they take everything out of context.

Who said about this stupid theory?  :asuka_ad:  :anoo: Sounds like 4chan content. I hear this at first time, seriosly. I`m in a fandom almost 8 years.

Yea, I know it sounds ridicious. Found it on the Evageeks wiki, then created a topic to find out what the hell and got blasted. You can read more about that below.

http://wiki.evageeks.org/Theory_and_Analysis:Ritsuko's_Interrogation

http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/16265/Ritsuko-Rape-Theory/?