Перейти к содержанию

Ritsuko rape theory and Shinji Rei Incest Theme

xPearse

Рекомендуемые сообщения

Hi there Russian Evangelion fans, I found your site over a month ago and am impressed. You have the right information and downloads for nearly everything, more than what I can say for the English speaking community. Anyway, recently I posted on Evageeks to get a second thought on two topics. I didn't get the reaction I expected and want to know what more open minded people think of these two points.

1. The theory that Ritsuko was raped by Seele thugs before interrogration, I hate this suggest and think it's stupid. Everyone else thought otherwise and think it happened, they're wrong as they take everything out of context.

2. The Rei and Shinji incest theme in every goddamn Evangelion incarnation, I really hate this and everyone said there isn't such a thing in Evangelion but come on .... seriously. We all know what the Japanese are trying to get across. 

Im kinda pissed as nobody even wanted to admit the incest vibe, what do you guys think about these two specific points. I hope im not alone here.

Google Translate, just encase.

Привет там российские болельщики Evangelion, я нашел ваш сайт более месяца назад и нахожусь под впечатлением. Вы имеете право на информацию и загрузки для почти всего, больше, чем то, что я могу сказать англоязычном сообществе. Во всяком случае, в последнее время я отправил на Evageeks чтобы получить второй мысли на двух темах. Я не получал реакцию я ожидал и хотите знать, что более открытыми люди думают о этих двух точек.

1. Теория, что Рицуко была изнасилована Зеле головорезов, прежде чем interrogration, я ненавижу это предложить и думаю, что это глупо. Все остальные думали иначе и думаю, что это случилось, что они не правы, как они принимают все из контекста.
2. Инцест тема Рей и Синдзи в каждом чертовом Evangelion воплощении, я действительно ненавижу это, и все сказали, что это не такая вещь, в Evangelion но давай .... серьезно. Мы все знаем, что японцы пытаются донести.

Im любопытное обозленный как никто даже не хотел признать инцест атмосфера, что вы, ребята, думаете об этих двух конкретных точках. Я надеюсь, что им здесь не один.
Изменено пользователем xPearse

http://wiki.evageeks.org/Theory_and_Analysis:Ritsuko's_Interrogation#Raped

Yea I don't blame you instantly seeing a topic about rape and incest, just don't get the wrong idea. I just want to get your thoughts on the two points, im against both but people on evageeks wouldn't even acknowledge the incest vibe even though it is present. The japanese have a fetish for those things and I know how they think, everyone said I came off as racist saying that on evageeks. Anyway here's a link to their theory, had a good laugh myself.

o-o-okay.

1. The theory that Ritsuko was raped by Seele thugs before interrogration, I hate this suggest and think it's stupid. Everyone else thought otherwise and think it happened, they're wrong as they take everything out of context.

yes, it's stupid. it's stupid as much as possible.

just... for what? only because seele are villains and therefore should rape and pillage all alive? meh >_>

2. The Rei and Shinji incest theme in every goddamn Evangelion incarnation, I really hate this and everyone said there isn't such a thing in Evangelion but come on .... seriously. We all know what the Japanese are trying to get across.

excuse me, i didn't get and just want to clarify: do you mean the relationship between mother and son or brother and sister? or in a general sense between relatives?

Изменено пользователем Напротив

First of all, thanks for visiting our website and forums. You're probably the first english speaker to ever post in here.

As for your question,

1) Do not think any rape took place for multiple reasons:

Ritsuko doesn't seem to have any psychological impact from this supposed rape interrogation at all.

Seele members are mostly holograms, so that's unlikely that anyone had a chance to "participate".

If Seele could go as far as commiting rape on her, there are vastly more effective techniques. Ask KGB, lel.

I believe the reason she stood there naked is for security reasons: no surveillance bugs and whatnot.

I could say, that this scene was in fact rape, but only psychological: Ritsuko's dignity was hurt by the act of stripping naked before some old dudes and then being the one to answer hard questions. She was basically reduced in status from a chief scientist at major NERV facility to a butt naked girl on graduation exam so to say.

2) Yeah, Nips do try to get this across. Nothing else to add here.

Изменено пользователем Aahnold

http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/16265/Ritsuko-Rape-Theory/

http://forum.evageeks.org/thread/16266/Shinji-and-Rei/

Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for. I was right, Russian Evangelion fans are more open minded. Nobody even wanted to admit the incest vibe on evageeks, they thought i was being a troll and attacking dear Anno-Chan. They're all a bunch of idiots if you ask me, just check out the two threads i made which they locked......assholes. Am I actually the first English speaker to post, I would at least think there would be some form of cross language community interaction or am I wrong.

I was right, Russian Evangelion fans are more open minded.

We have a point in our forums' general rules to avoid any dogmatic statements. It's something we came to.

But there are as many opinions as there are users, so I woudn't make any rushed conclusions here.

I am sure you'll find many people here who will deny any incestous subcontext in Evangelion.

After all, only two people replied here and that is not representative of the general opinion.

I would at least think there would be some form of cross language community interaction or am I wrong.

Unfortunately, no, there's none.

Users here usually tend just to visit evageeks for new information and theories. No one is really interested in any sort of cooperation: we keep our ramble to our own.

I was actively discussing some topics under nickname "DarthGendo" on evageeks though.

Honestly, this is the first time I hear about this hypothesis. I never thought that there is any physical kind of rape in that scene and I don't see any reason to think so, unless you want to stretch certain things to unhealthy extremes. The only reason that Ritsuko stood naked there is, probably, because Evangelion generally shouts out eroticism as much as possible, and that scene doesn't go beyond the typical symbolism of the series.

Another feasible explanation is the one provided by Aahnold.

Of course, just the fact that she had to stay naked totally counts as a rape, but I don't think there is anything more to this.

I'm not sure what do you mean by this. It seems likely that Rei was a clone (at least to some degree) of Shinji's mother, so it would make her Shinji's sister. So if they had any sort of romantic relationship with a sexual intercourse that would make an incest. But there wasn't any real romance between them in Evangelion, so I wouldn't say that there's much of incest vibe to the whole thing. Of course, it makes some scenes more awkward than they already are.

Yea I kinda jumped the gun there, I just think people like to deny certain elements of Evangelion as they probably see it as something negative or an attack on the show itself. Hence forth everyone's reaction, just accepting the fact or possibilities isn't a bad thing. Too bad communities don't interact, anyhow thanks for your posts and im glad someone at least acknowledged the incext vibe.

About the incest, I'll actually talk about that more now. It's just everything Shinji does towards her, always staring and making unwanted advancements. Not to mention her wants to bonk all the female character's around him although sort of subconsciously as seen during the last few tv episodes where he possibly wanted a harem. Also taking into account the Japanese being Japanese we know what they're trying to get across, they have a fetish for incest and everyone on evageeks said im looking for things and making shit up even though I know what im talking about. Rei is a clone of Shinji's mother and with liliths genes although that is debatable since its not stated in the tv series, she and him are genetically related even if they may not know it, the writers try to pair them close to another in nearly every incarnation. It's just weird, I don't hate Shinji I just hate his personality and his knight in shining armor persona. I know they don't get together in the series but that doesn't stop them suggesting it or those creppy doujinshi's that people make. Even if this was unintended when making Evangelion which I find hard to believe it doesn't take away from the fact that people will always think so.

Im glad you guys who posted think the rape idea is stupid because nearly everyone on evageeks thinks it actually happened and that's no lie, they actually do. That's the kind of people I had to deal with, even the way they posted got on my nerves but you guys here are pretty down to earth. The members of evageeks have a serious superiority complex.

Изменено пользователем xPearse

It's just everything Shinji does towards her, always staring and making unwanted advancements.

He doesn't know of any connection between Rei and his mother at first. And when he realises that, he's gets frightened.

There's an ongoing neverending debate about whether Shinji really loved anyone, and even if he did, was it Asuka or Rei in the end. The general conclusion though is that at various points in the series he has been sexually attracted to all the females, including Misato.

Me personally, I think that relations between Rei and Shinji has ended at being those of sister and brother. Though some people interpret the primordial ocean scene from EoE, where Shinji and Rei are merged together, as a sign of romantic relationship.

The Reifans, who promote this view are ok with the thought of this incest and even defend it, saying that incestous relationships go down to ancient history and royalty's inbreeding practices of the Medieval age.

Im glad you guys who posted think the rape idea is stupid because nearly everyone on evageeks thinks it actually happened and that's no lie, they actually do. That's the kind of people I had to deal with, even the way they posted got on my nerves but you guys here are pretty down to earth. The members of evageeks have a serious superiority complex.

Judging from my experience, they suffer from a serious "Search for Deeper Meaning Syndrome", SDMS for short (СПГС in Russian) and they just love to pointlessly speculate.